Faculty of Philology
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 08:39
Philology Department is one the oldest departments at Establishment of Education “Mozyr State Pedagogical University named after I.P.Shamyakin”. More than 7 thousand qualified professionals have been trained since 1944. The graduates of the department are well-known scientists, directors of educational institutions, masters of pedagogical craft.
The name of the department has changed (Language and Literature Division, 1944; Faculty of Language and Literature, 1952; Philology Department, 1956), the structure of specialities has rearranged. However, the goal set remained unaltered: training of teachers of high qualification, deep professionalism, civic consciousness and community relief, training of those who are capable of professional and personal self-development.
These days the department is dynamically developing. Academic staff of the university improve and expand the variety of specialities.
There are 7 Chairs at the Department:
- Chair of the English Language and Language Training Methods
- Chair of the German Language and Language Training Methods
- Chair of Foreign Languages
- Chair of the Russian Language
- Chair of Belarusian linguistics
- Chair of Literature
- Chair of Social and Humanitarian Sciences
- Chair of History and History Training Methods
The Department offers 6 prestigious first degree programmes in the sphere of Philology:
- The Belarusian Language and Literature (Full-Time Education)
- The Russian Language and Literature (Full-Time Education
- History and Social Sciences (Full-Time Education)
- Foreign Languages (English and German) (Full-Time Education)
- Foreign Language (English) (Part-Time Education)
- Foreign Language (German) (Part-Time Education)
Depending on the chosen programme graduates are qualified to work as Teachers of mentioned above disciplines in the sphere of school education.
2 Master’s Programmes are offered:
- Language Studies
- Literature Studies
There are 2 Postgraduate Training Programmes:
10.00.00 – Philological Sciences
10.02.01 – The Belarusian Language
10.02.02 – The Russian Language
28 Studencheskaya Str.
Tel: +375 236 24-46-53
Philology Department cares for its students!
Choose Philology Department!